First Night

First Night - Lauren Blakely 3,75 stars

This was short and scorching! A quick introduction to a couple that set the pages on fire! Clay and Julia are definitely in the running for a top spot on my list of favorite couples!

Despite being not even 60 pages long the story was well written, giving me enough to satisfy my need for a quick hot read AND enough for me to recognize the full story (that will be told in 2 more and hopefully longer installments) has a lot of potential.

At the end one question kept going through my mind: What does Julia do every Tuesday night that she initially feared Clay was a cop that was on to her?

Fave Quotes:
She froze in her spot simply because the voice was rough and gravelly, and sent a charge through her with its masculine sexiness.

Softness was for kittens, pillows and pretty cashmere sweaters. Sex needed to be hard, hot and oh-so-rough around the edges. She didn’t want to be coddled or cuddled. She wanted to take and be taken.

“Come back to my hotel. Spend the night with me,” he said softly. “I want to curl up with you. I want to wake up with you. I want to make love to you before I leave.”