Charity Starts at Home

Charity Starts at Home - Zahra Owens 4.5 stars!! Memorable Scenes: - On the dresser in the motelroom > Need I really say more? - Scissor scene > Wow, just wow! I was holding my breath... Quote - "Warning: Scorching sex, icy scissor play and an anonymous woman taking a wet slide down one hot ex-fireman's pole. Beware of hot flashes and spontaneous combustion."Seriously! With a warning like this, how can I go wrong! After that warning I just had to read this book and not only because it's an Inez Kelley sexy contemporary, who has been known to get her fingers in my panties (Don’t ask! You don’t want to know LOL)Bram Winters is an ex-firefighter turned Emergency Communications Specialist. I loved Bram. He’s straightforward, protective and sweet. He made me weak in the knees! Bram finds out the heroine’s name at the very end of the book and as I enjoyed being in the dark about her name and finally discovering it together with Bram, which was a beautiful moment in the book, I am not revealing it here either. So, like Bram I’ll stick with Lady when referring to the heroine. Lady is down to earth, stubborn and pragmatic. I really liked her in the beginning when she was mysterious and I didn’t know too much about her but towards the end, when I got to know her a bit better, I liked her even more. Understandably the story is told from Bram's perspective in the beginning. We get to know the nameless lady through Bram's eyes and POV and I was curious to see if we'd get a scene from her POV too later in the story. Funny thing was that as soon as I wrote the previous sentence I was treated to a scene told from Lady’s POV. Thank you Ms. Kelley for knowing exactly when to bring what’s needed to be brought.I really felt sorry for Bram when they met by coincidence months after the one-night stand but having read the blurb I also understood why the nameless goddess did what she did. I did think the ending was a bit abruptly and for me the whole Jason storyline (stalking ex) could have been left out in favor of some more Bram and his lady but all in all once again I truly enjoyed this red-hot novella.Inez Kelley sets the pages on fire with her erotic scenes. They are scorching and beautifully written, just the way I like them...There’s a scissor scene that’s just so hot, it has ruined the reality shows SHEAR GENIUS (about finding the best hairstylist) for me as I can’t watch the show now without thinking of Bram's talent with the scissor and mentally naming him sheer genius.I've said it before and I'll say it again and I'll probably say it with every Inez Kelley book I'll read but her writing just mesmerizes me, sucks me in, takes hold of me and doesn't let go. I can't even find the right words to describe her writing and why I love it so much. She just never disappoints me with her erotic contemporaries.I don’t have the time to do a separate Quotes-Post for LIPSTICK ON HIS COLLAR so I’ve included all the quotes I marked in this review. They were picked for several reasons. Some made me sigh with joy over Inez Kelley’s wonderful writing, some made me hot and bothered and one made me put the book down and laugh out loud before I could continue (Can you guess which one that was?). I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did…Favorite Quotes:She opened her eyes and her gaze landed on him like a brushfire. Hot met dry, and a spark flashed, exploded and raged through him. Intense and appreciative, unblinking and direct, she did not look away.Temptation swept over him like a blistering tidal wave, stealing inside before he could think to shove it aside to break the powerful connection. He should. He would. In a minute.Her kiss seared his bones. This was no gentle first kiss. It was a detonation of lust, yearning and passion like he'd never felt. Sexual combustion."What do you want, lady?""Cotton candy and night at the fair. After that, you, hard and fast...and more than once."Wet kisses, heated by flesh and served with hunger became his new favorite food, and he gorged on her mouth until he grew lightheaded.Jealousy scented the air with an acrid odor, like a candle snuffed out by a hidden breath.Bram in the throes of orgasm was a luscious, intoxicating sound. God, he was delicious and she wanted more.He oozed sex appeal like an over-wet sponge and she wanted to suck every drop. One damn inch was all she needed. She closed the gap. Lust exploded. Her ears popped with the force of the attraction, and a low sigh heated her mouth before he deepened the kiss to indecent levels.Bram wasn't supposed to be anything more than a pit stop in her sex life to repair her bruised ego and help her get back on her dating feet.Bram didn't talk dirty until he was excited and then he melted her bones with deliciously naughty words. A lusty memory swelled like an ocean wave, tinged with the brazen light of erotic play.Bram gripped her braid and took her mouth again. The rich taste of her blended with the robust flavor of him, and she moaned. Being claimed had never branded so hot.His frayed breath sailed over her damp nape followed by his tongue. Low, chanting naughty words, strings of murmured eroticisms without cohesion, whispered along her skin.Jason took a step back and swallowed. He stared at her in horror. "What's gotten into you?" "Gotten into me? Gotten into--? Okay, know what? F#ck you. No, on second thought, don't f#ck you because you suck in bed. You couldn't make a dog come with a leash and a Milk-Bone."PWOR-Rating: 8.6/10