Nicholas: The Lords of Satyr

Nicholas - Elizabeth Amber This new voice in the erotic romance genre has certainly found an admirer in this reader. I'm hearing it loud and clear. Not to mention feeling it! There just aren't enough words for me to describe this book: mindblowing, enthralling, raw, pure, bold, moving, fascinating and many more! This is one of the best erotic novels I've read sofar. Not only enticing me with hot, sensual and carnal erotic scenes but also with a plot that's utterly intrigueing. Amber's writing style is vivid, colourful and sensual. Pulling you into a story that's so much more than just a few erotic scenes held together by a love story! This book satisfies the reader in me that longs for more than sex in an erotic romance.An amazing tale of love wrapped in a magical and sensual world. Both story and characters are enticing and heartthrobbing. It sizzled and sparkled in the erotic department and at the same time it was endearing and touching to see Nick and Jane come to accept and grow to love each other. The balance between Nick and Jane is perfect. Nick is a strong and dominant alpha male but Jane really stands her ground and doesn't let Nick become to overbearing. In her own manner she is his perfect match both in intelligence and wit as in the sensual aspect of their relationship.Nick is just what Jane needs to feel wanted and loved again, despite of who and what she is. Jane is just what Nick needs to have the joy, pleasure and support of a soulmate.Not only Jane and Nick are wonderful characters, the secondary characters are extremely well written and crucial to the story. Nick's brothers, Jane's sister and Jane's aunt are as intrigueing characters as Nick and Jane are. When you read this book, you're swept away in a world of magical creatures the likes of satyrs, faeries and maenads. This world Elizabeth Amber creates is an intrigueing one, leaves the reader wanting to know more about the ways and rules of it and let me tell you: after reading this book the male body, child-conception and pregnancy take a whole other meaning! Although there were some uncomfortable scenes (multiple partners/female only) for the faint-hearted among us as a reader you accept and appreciate them because they are a natural part of the story and essential for the excellent worldbuilding Elizabeth Amber does.All the -for me- new terms and concepts (the Satyr World, The Calling, the Sisters of Bacchant) would have been overwhelming but Elizabeth Amber's writing style and worldbuilding-skills will pull you in with hardly any effort.Even though the story concentrates on Nick and Jane you catch a good glimpse the brothers Raine en Lyon. Raine is the serious somewhat withdrawn brother. Lyon is the bold, brawny, playful brother. And at the end of the book these brothers have taken their rightful place among the alpha-males but it's Lyon who has captured my interest the most. I think he's going to be my favourite Lord of Satyr.